One of my favorite meals is vegan pasta, cause I love easy meals that take no more than 10 minutes to prepare. You should know I am a pretty busy bear ;). Vegan pesto pasta is one of these meals. It is quick to prepare, warm and very yummy. I use my own pesto, made with parsley, pine nuts, lime juice, salt and avocado.
If you are looking for a healthy vegan soup check this recipe: Vegan Soup
Easy Vegan Pasta with Green Pesto
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 handful of parsley
- a generous pinch of salt ( I am using Himalayan salt)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 400g of pasta ( I am using spelled noodles )
- hemp seeds ( optional )
1. grind the pine nuts and parsley to get a paste from it
2. simply cut the avocado flesh off the stone and mash with a fork
3. mix pine nuts and parsley with the mashed avocado and add salt and juice form one lime. Mix till it’s well combined
4. cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until cooked through, then drain. Stir the pesto and mix it with the pasta. Then sprinkle with hemp seeds before serving.