I‘m so excited to share with you my favorite vegan chocolate banana cake recipe. It’s very soft, quick and easy to make in one bowl! It’s perfect as a snack or dessert! It’s always good to have a quick and yummy snack on hand ;).
- 1 1/3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 jar applesauce natural without sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt ( I am using Himalayan salt)
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C). Mix flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork. Add to a jar along with the non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, cocoa powder and applesauce. Stir well to combine.
2. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and just stir until combined. Put a baking paper on a baking sheet and pour mixture and bake a cake at 180-200°C for approx. 30-40min. After the cake is baked, allow it to cool down and then cut it and serve it.